Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Drill bit sharpener

Rich wrote:
What you need is a good $5 gauge, from Sears, that shows the proper angle to
grind to. It only takes a few tries to get it right

I sharpen my drills by hand on a grinder, and though
I get it right easily most of the time now, it took a
lot of time before I developed a grip and an eye to
be able to do it. I reckon I spent several hours at
least, grinding custom lathe tools for thread-cutting
etc, which is where the skill came from. Expect to
spend a while learning it, and probably still getting
a slightly inferior result ;-).