Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kronflux kronflux is offline

Default Hitachi CT-7897BC brightness problem

try turn your color off and adjust your picture with the green red and
blue controls get the best black and white picture and the turn up the
screen on the flyback see how that works,

tried that. seemed to help a little, but not noticably. I don't know
much about tv's, but it seems like the flyback isn't doing its job.
as I said..you adjust the bottom one, and the picture simply gets
greener, or adjust the top one and it gets blurry.
I've even tried everything at maximum. sounded like there was sparking
or something going on when the bottom flyback adjustment was turned up
all the way.. I dunno.. only sounded like it. didnt see anything.
even with everything at maximum the picture isn't brighter at all.
any ideas?