Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Rich Rich is offline

Default Drill bit sharpener

"Chris" wrote in message
Bart wrote:
I've been lurking for some time, picking up some good ideas for
projects/tools/techniques. Now I have a question...

I have an accumulation of dull drill bits, hoping that eventually an
affordable + effective sharpener would be available. Does anyone have
experience with those on the market now -- like the "Drill Doctor"
sharpeners?

Happy New Year!

Bart

I have had a "Drill Doctor" for about 6 years. Use it quite often. Works
great and I would not trade it for anything else.

Chris

I was a Tool & Die maker for 25 years before moving up to engineering.

What you need is a good $5 gauge, from Sears, that shows the proper angle to
grind to. It only takes a few tries to get it right and if your not drilling
through CPM-M4 (tough stuff) or tool steel of any sort and mostly drilling
in wood you have more margin for error. If you have a belt sander use that
as it's nice and flat instead of dressing your grinding wheel flat.

Just my $.02 worth.

Rich