Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How, Get Rid of Interefence from DVD

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:22:49 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Larry Von wrote:
I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am
radios. If the dvd player is plugged into the outlet(even in standby
mode, switch off) I get a tremendous amount of static on my am
channels. But if I unplug the dvd player static or interefence stops.
How can I correct this problem?

In the old tube-type radio days, 60-cycle hum could be mitigated by simply
turning the plug 180° in the socket. Today, it's tougher, what with
polorized plugs and sockets.

Of course one can cut off the polarizing wide parts of the plug, or
use a rubber cube tap, which is usually soft enough that one can force
the plug in the wrong way.