Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default TV Speaker Recommendtaion

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:42:22 -0500, nospamplse
wrote:

I purchased a Samsung HDTV (model LN46A540) and am looking for
recommendations for:
- External speakers, and
- Wireless Headphones

I am not interested in a massive "home theater" but just better audio
performance than that available from the TV. I'm guessing a three
speaker system. Anyone have suggestions as to type of system, brand
suggestions or brand to avoid?

Thanks

I have Athena speakers in my theater room. These speakers are low-end
professional quality with nice solid connections and wall-mounting
hardware. Best to hear and compare speaker sound before you buy,
because it's the sound that counts. Surprisingly, Bose speakers
sound like crap, outrageously priced, and I see people buying them
like hotcakes. Wireless is improving but still not too good for the
best sound.

Hi,
Bose by design is very inefficient type. It needs lot of power to sound
decent. I never owned Bose.