Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default TV Speaker Recommendtaion

nospamplse wrote:
I purchased a Samsung HDTV (model LN46A540) and am looking for
recommendations for:
- External speakers, and
- Wireless Headphones

I am not interested in a massive "home theater" but just better audio
performance than that available from the TV. I'm guessing a three
speaker system. Anyone have suggestions as to type of system, brand
suggestions or brand to avoid?

Thanks

I have a pair of KLH bookshelf speakers that have been with me since
college. I'm not an audiophile but they sound good to me. The thing
about speakers is size really does matter, so with a "bookshelf" or
smaller speaker you really need a subwoofer to fill in the bass
frequencies, otherwise it'll still sound tinny even though the sound
quality over the frequency range that they work at is good.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel