Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default TV Speaker Recommendtaion

"nospamplse" wrote in message
I purchased a Samsung HDTV (model LN46A540) and am looking for
recommendations for:
- External speakers, and
- Wireless Headphones

I am not interested in a massive "home theater" but just better audio
performance than that available from the TV. I'm guessing a three speaker
system. Anyone have suggestions as to type of system, brand suggestions
or brand to avoid?

Thanks

No need to be massive, but you can get some good surround sound systems at
about the price of a good three speaker system. Watching the news it does
not matter, but a football or baseball game or movie is incredibly better.
I don't want to give specific brands because I've not looked at them since
buying mine a few years ago but take a little time and listen to one in a
store. Given that you have a nice HDTV, don't hold back on the sound. Get
all the enjoyment you can. Start at about $400. You can also use the system
with your stereo.