Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Static Sound in Radio Volume Control

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 21:15:07 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

That must be the problem. I don't own cheap clock-radios.

A clock radio doesn't strike me as an item one would spend
a lot of money on.

There have been some nice ones, especially from GE in the late 70s and early
80s. GE produced the first clock-radio with an electronic display (1972),
and the first with digital electronic tuning (1980). They were not cheap. I
have both.

It's a device to get me out of bed in the morning. I'm not awake enough to appreciate it really. I've got (both - as I fall asleep after one) mine on buzzer, as Terry Wogan et al really really annoy me and I end up throwing the clock radio across the room.

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. (Rev. Larry Lorenzoni)