Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bart[_5_] Bart[_5_] is offline

Default Drill bit sharpener

OK, thanks for the info. I think I'll take advantage of some sale prices
and get one.

"10x" wrote in message
In article , Bart
wrote:

I have an accumulation of dull drill bits, hoping that eventually an
affordable + effective sharpener would be available. Does anyone have
experience with those on the market now -- like the "Drill Doctor"
sharpeners?

Bart,

About three years ago my son bought me a Drill Doctor 500x for a
Christmas present. I will admit I wasn't too thrilled with the concept,
and let it languish in the shop for about a year unopened and untried.

One day I needed to drill some 1/2" holes in some 3/16" steel plate.
Even drilling some smaller holes and working my way up to 1/2" it
didn't take long to dull the bits. No time like the present to try out
that useless drill sharpener that the kid bought me.

As soon as fuddled through sharpening the first bit, I knew I made a
mistake by not using it sooner. I now have every bit I can find
sharpened. Sometimes, I'll even have a friend bring over a bit or two
for a touch up.

This is the second time I have done an about face on a gift that I
received. The other was years ago when I received a "Chopper II" wood
splitting axe. That's a story for another time.

Joe
aka 10x