Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Amateur-built homes faling down

evodawg wrote:

I wonder how well set the concrete is on the foundations and basement
walls that have been pored? Do they have an onsite inspector, geez it
takes me a couple of days to get one out to look at my work.

Clearly a lot of things happen behind the scenes on EMHE, like permits being
obtained, inspectors being on tap, supplies ordered and so on long before
the cameras are ever turned on. I'm also certain that when Ty Pennington
first yells through his bullhorn that the family already knows what's
happening, otherwise why is it occasionally possible to see wireless mic
packs under their clothing as they tumble out of the house in supposed
surprise?

Aside from the quality of the construction I've read of some lucky
recipients being unpleasantly surprised to realize their property tax bill
just multiplied by several times. I enjoy that show, but I'd like to see
them build fewer mansions and more projects to benefit the whole community.