Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jluers@gmail.com is offline

Default Higher flow solenoid for fridge water dispanser?

On Jan 4, 12:55*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 4, 12:47 pm, wrote:

On Jan 3, 10:42 pm, " wrote:

was the fridge ever OK flow wise? Its likely just a bad solenoid
valve, I have replaced a few of them.

We are just now connecting it, however the fridge is 1 year old. I
checked the solenoid and there is no obstruction and it is working
OK. With its 1/4 ports and our low water pressure (well system) it is
just too slow. I found some dishwasher solenoinds that have large
ports, I may retrofit one of those if I can't find a 'fridge' one.

thx

might also be the self piercing valve try turning off and on a couple
times. dirt in water can clog needle valve

No self-pierce valve used, I ran 1/2"pipe all the way with a full-flow
3/8" shutoff valve at the wall and 3/8 tubing to the fridge. Except
for the solenoid it gives great flow especially considering it is a
well system with RO!