Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Amateur-built homes faling down

"Colbyt" wrote in message

I have participated in more than one "Parade of Homes" or
"Builder/Remodeler Showcase" type of projects over the years.

Way to many people working too closely together to try and meet some
unrealistic deadline. I have installed drapery hardware over wall paper
that had only been on the wall for a literal minute. Witnessed so many
shortcuts being taken by others because of the need for speed.

My advice is to Never Ever buy one of those homes.

Your drapery hardware may have been holding the paper in place.

I can see where having a good plan and experienced people you can get
certain things done very fast. If you sweat a joint, it is only seconds and
it is as set as it well ever be. Drywall mud, concrete, paint, tile
adhesives all take a little time to cure or set. A 3500 sq. ft. house in a
week is too fast for me.