Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Amateur-built homes faling down

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

It would be funny if it was not so sad. I often wonder how well built
the houses are on Extreme Makeover. It may be possible to build a house
in 7 days, but that does not mean it is smart to do so. It takes time to
install plumbing systems, etc, no matter how many people.

I have often wondered how well some of those quick rebuilds hold up. I
have seen some of the house flipping programs and in a week or two the
whole house has been rebuilt. Doesn't it take time for the plaster to dry
before painting ? Maybe more time for other things to setup such as the
floor tiles.

I have participated in more than one "Parade of Homes" or "Builder/Remodeler
Showcase" type of projects over the years.

Way to many people working too closely together to try and meet some
unrealistic deadline. I have installed drapery hardware over wall paper that
had only been on the wall for a literal minute. Witnessed so many shortcuts
being taken by others because of the need for speed.

My advice is to Never Ever buy one of those homes.