Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Gloat

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:54:12 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Since Christmas I have been cutting bowl blanks. A friend called me
that his son had cut a large sweetgum tree. It was large enough that I
could cut an 16 inch bowl blank off each side leaving an 8 inch slab
with the pith. From this I can make two 8 inch bowls on each side of
the pith making 6 bowls from each section. So far I have 24 large
blanks and uncounted small ones. There is nearly that much left but
with the 70 degree weather I can only keep at it a couple of hours.

Anybody ever used sweetgum for bowls? It is beautiful brown with tans
and oranges mixed in. Looks sorta like petrified wood.

You really suck, Gerald..
Hope you sell a bunch of them and the friend ends up with a nice bowl as a thank
you..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing