Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Lee Valley Shows its True Colo(u)rs

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message
. But what does that mean in context of LV price adjustments? Was John so
far off mark to cry "Foul!" in the face of LV's stated policies?

The policy was stated a few years ago. It may have changed. Rather than
rant and spout off nonsense because he is PO'd, John should have checked to
see what the policy is today.

I dunno, seemed most of the ranting and raving was people attacking John
for passing along information. I have no opinion on LV myself, they can
charge whatever they want far as I'm concerned.

If you search the LV web site and catalog and
find that policy written and still in effect, different story.

As long as they are a private business, and not doing anything
illegal,(almost impossible considering the millions of laws "private"
business must 'freely' operate under these days) they can change their
policy anytime the government lets them...

I've not
looked and doubt it is there. No written contract or promise exists. LV is
a private owned business and can change the rules every day if they want to.

I think the government should look into it, and see if Lee Valley is
making obscene profits over this, like say 8% or more, and then consider
imposing a "windfall profits" tax on anything over 8%. Whats good
enough for XOM is good enough for LV, right?

Where's Ralph Nader when you need him?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com