Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dbr@kbrx.com is offline

Default Ref: Hurco Servos

Congratulations - Hul

oldjag wrote:
Well it seems the weird boot to boot and day to day variation I was
seeing in the D/A output signal was a flaky 15+ power supply that
feeds the servo control board in the card rack. It would power up
okay to 15v, but then after a short period of time it's output voltage
would drop down to 3.5 volts. On some starts it would hold up okay
for a while, (that's when I was seeing the 1.75 vdc DA output). The
old TO-5 can regulator for this 1.5 amp 15vdc supply was shot. I made
a new supply from a 1.5 amp LM317T adjustable regulator, (2 bucks at
Radio Shack), installed it and now the Servos tune up rock steady.
The vibration or ticking on all of the axis is gone.

One clue there was a PS issue was that as I tried to adjust the SIG
pots up, I had to keep moving the BAL pot further and further from
center to get a balanced D/A voltage in both directions from the Servo
board.
The only issue now is getting the machine to home correctly. This may
be an related to getting the marker or index pulse in the correct
location relative to the end of travel limit switches.

Thanks for all of the feedback and comments.