Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Shops - Downturn (OT)

In message , Dave
writes
chris French wrote:
In message , Owain
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I've had brilliant info off the guys selling direct over the
net.Hint: if there aint no phone number, don't buy!

Phone number? Why would I want a phone number? Phone calls cost money.

I'd rather have a 3-hr turnaround on emails, with *useful*

Whilst I tend to prefer email, sometimes, a phone call can sort
things out straight away instead of multiple email exchanges, and
sometimes the phone is the only way to get sense.

When I was still working, I always tried to visit the person that I
wanted to phone. I was in charge of a big expensive project and when I
got a problem, I found a phone call could never resolve anything but
the smallest problem. So I did a face to face and came away every time
with a solution.

Not really much of a useful approach when you are buying something mail
order though
--
Chris French