Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default water heater problem

On Jan 4, 12:42*am, daniel-matt wrote:
Hello, need some suggestions if anyone is willing:

A.O. Smith water heater, not more than 3-5 years old. Diagnostic LED's
saying "System Lockout" which manual says is:

1. Gas supply is off or too low to operate.
2. Hot surface igniter not positioned
correctly.
3. Low voltage to the water heater.
4. Electric polarity to unit is incorrect - test

The blower kicks on, igniter glows, gas kicks in, burner lights for a
second then goes out and repeat 3x until it locks out again.

I took out the igniter and cleaned it off, but while doing this
noticed that the mesh above the burner looked to be in pretty bad
shape. *Could this be causing the problem?

I had an issue with AO smith condensing controls, it was a bad
connection somewhere locking it out, I just cleaned and tightened all
wires.