Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default New tape measure - odd 'feature'

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian
saying something like:

Do they also sell potatoes, beer, and postage stamps?

Owain

grin

Probably, no and no - in that order g

From the outside it looks like a bog-standard department store -
but it's when you get to the desk at the back with the customers in
wellies and old waistcoats that the real fun starts g

Yup. There was one like that near me and it moved into a modern
custom-built shed a few years ago. The old premises were wonderful;
cramped and stuffed full of items with old prices on some of them -
bargains galore if you got lucky.
When they moved to their new place they turfed out half the stock of the
old one and it's just not the same. Still got a very useful
cross-section of widgets, but it misses out on the really obscure stuff.