Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Backup Sump-Pump Problem

On Jan 3, 12:08*pm, wrote:
All,

When testing my battery powered backup sump pump a few weeks ago, I
noticed it wasn't pumping any water (it was making noise like it was
trying to). *I disconnected and then re-connected the pipe and it
seemed to start working again. *Now a few weeks later, I checked it
and had the same problem, and again it was resolved by disconnecting
and re-connecting the pipe.

The battery is only a couple years old and the water levels look fine.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,
Dan

I would not trust those chargers without knowing it keeps a proper
voltage be testing it, I would think a properly charged battery should
last 20 + years. Unless the battery is kept at a minimum of 12.8 it
will sulfate and be ruined in a year. www.batteryuniversity.com has
all sorts of battery info, that could be the real issue a weak
sulfated battery.