Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Mobil 1 oil and generator

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
I was thinking on the Mobil 1 might be a beter oil as the generator might
only be used once every year or two for actual power, but would be cranked
up every couple of weeks just to keep fresh gas in the system. I will be
using the Stay-bil long term storage addaitve to the gas.

As it only takes one quart to fill it, the cost is not that much no mater
what kind of oil I use.
I was thinking that Mobil 1 might not break down as fast as regular oil
would over a long period of time between changes. It would not have that
much actual run time, but a lot of just sitting around.

Given the small added cost for a single quart, why not?