Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Gloat

I just did a search on Google and found quite a few bowls that were
made from Sweetgum. I had never heard of it before. It is nice
looking wood. Nice find.

I just brought home a maple tree trunk that was 25 feet long and about
30 inches in diameter. Gorgeous wood. A friend of mine brought his
portable saw mill to the sight and we cut them into fairly large
chunks. I have some pieces that are 24 inches wide by 10 inches thick
by 5 feet long. Real heavy stuff. I have already rough turned a 19
inch bowl out of it and cored it to make a smaller one from the inside
piece.

So much to turn. Too little time.
Ted