Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yekal Yekal is offline

Default wet under floor heating/boiler

On Jan 3, 9:00*pm, YAPH wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 11:31:12 -0800, Yekal wrote:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2eund40.jpg* * this one is the boiler wiring
diagram

http://i44.tinypic.com/303e4c7.jpg* * and this should be heating
diagram

OK the "boiler relay / volt-free" connection is a pair of contacts which
close when the controller wants the boiler to run. It's "volt-free" because
neither of the contacts is tied to anything of a set voltage, such as
mains live. If you wire that pair of contacts to LR and LS (leaving NS
not connected to anything) then the boiler will fire up when the
controller wants it to. Assuming the boiler has a pump built-in then that
wil run too, without you having to connect anything to the boiler's "pump
relay / voltfree" contacts.

--
John Stumbles *-- *http://yaph.co.uk

Thank God I'm an atheist

The boiler does have its own built in pump, and as per one of your
If i understand this, I just need to connect the L & N from both the
upstairs and downstairs heating controls to LR & LS of X2 on the
boiler, (does it matter which wire goes to which connection?).
Do you think I will be OK using the integral programmer? (which was
purchased seperate and now fitted), or will I need to get an external
one? as last time I spoke with Worcester they seem to think the
integral one won`t work with underfloor heating.

Cheers
Yekal.