Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Static Sound in Radio Volume Control

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 23:13:21 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:27:39 -0000, William Sommerwerck

wrote:

The OP says "all my clock radios". That's odd. I've never had /all/ the
pots in the equipment I've owned become scratchy.
Obviously, cleaning the pot should fix the problem. But I suspect the
OP lives in a dusty/dirty environment, or is a heavy smoker.

No, it happens to mine too. Clock radios are usually made VERY cheaply.

That must be the problem. I don't own cheap clock-radios.

A clock radio doesn't strike me as an item one would spend a lot of money on.

Helpdesk: Click on the 'my computer' icon on the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?