Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Hucker Peter Hucker is offline

Default Static Sound in Radio Volume Control

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 20:51:10 -0000, IanM wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote:
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 11:27:39 -0000, William Sommerwerck wrote:

The OP says "all my clock radios". That's odd. I've never had /all/ the pots
in the equipment I've owned become scratchy.

Obviously, cleaning the pot should fix the problem. But I suspect the OP
lives in a dusty/dirty environment, or is a heavy smoker.

No, it happens to mine too. Clock radios are usually made VERY cheaply.

Or it could be due to fine dust from your parrots' feathers and droppings.

They did this before I got parrots. They don't seem to be worse since I got them. Surprisingly, nothing has got upset (except my 2nd last projection TV, which told me to change the filter after every 2 hours of use (instead of every 100)). I've since changed the projector to one without a filter, and it's worked fine ever since.

The sailor came home from a secret two year mission only to find his wife with a new born baby. Furious, he was determined to track down the father to extract revenge.
"Was it my friend Sam", he demanded.
"No !" his weeping wife replied.
"Was it my friend Jim then?" he asked.
"NO !!!" she said even more upset.
"Well which one of my no good friends did this then?" he asked.
"Don't you think I have any friends of my own?" she snapped.