Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Francis McGrath Francis McGrath is offline

Default Need to fix hole in ribbon cable

I want to thank everyone for posting. I want to make sure I
understand what everyone is saying. There are 2 "wires" with little
teeth. Each wire looks like:

____________________

It looks like I damaged some teeth, but not the main part of the
wire. Yet it's still not sending signal. Does every tooth have to be
there?

Something I else I'm wondering, since the damage is near the end of
the cable, could I just cut off the damaged portion and reattach the
connector? I have enough slack for this. If I try to remove the
connector, it will probably ruin it, won't it? Also, I don't know how
the ribbon cable hooks to the connector. Any thoughts?

Thanks again, Francis