Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] tom_murphy@comcast.net is offline

Default Lee Valley Shows its True Colo(u)rs

On Jan 2, 9:13*pm, JohnD wrote:

Actually, I responded directly to the source when the discussion
occurred a few years ago. *Robin Lee got rather snippy and took a
moral position regarding Lee Valley's pricing policies. *He stated
that they were locked in and, as such, could not be altered to reflect
the strengthening of the Canadian dollar, and the concomitant
increases in CDN pricing. *He quoted the dates the decisions were
made, and referred to the immutable nature of the prices. *Now,
somehow, Lee Valley has discovered a way to get around the lock in.
Since the currency shift has gone in the other direction, they are
overriding the catalog prices and increasing away. *If you have an
issue with any factual point I am making, please respond. *If you
simply want to flap away with irrelevant gibberings, I will invite you
to do that in your private diaries.

John

Robin stated a policy. He didn't sign a contract. He is allowed to
change policy, and it's possible the the economic situation forced him
to do so. I don't know.

You seem to have a low opinion of Robin, or of his company. I have no
idea whether it's justified or not, but in any case you simply need to
buy from someone else. Give your business to someone whom you respect,
based on whatever business behavior pleases you. I doubt Robin will
miss you anyway.