Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default Ping Gunner: Logic 101

Ed Huntress wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote in message

There's that, I guess. OTOH, if they B&Cs want to get into serious illegal
bucks, what better path than politics? It's not just Illinois, Louisiana
and Joisey, after all, there are opportunities everywhere.

What's better? Drugs. Prostitution. Numbers.

AT least these are more respectable than politics.

Hell, they could even get into finance.

I doubt there are as many openings available as a year ago. Lots of
unemployed brokers, I'll bet.

Ten years ago, one of those guys could have been Obama.

Pffffht.

? Tell me why not.

I wonder if the Reps could have offered a better piece of the action. He
is an Illinois politician, after all, smart enough to be more careful, so
far. As far as we know.

That's a pretty bleak outlook, David.

A common reaction to my quest for realism. I don't expect much of Dems
or Reps. Up here in Wisconsin, we find Illinoisances amusing. Our
political corruption is at a much lower level and they tend to get
caught before they get far.

David