Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
JohnR66 JohnR66 is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

I suspect the only people who really should be ****ed are the ones who
already had a good quality, high mounted antenna and are having trouble
getting the signal. This should be very rare. Second are the people who
will have to upgrade their antenna, get a higher mast and upgraded feed
line. This can be costly if professionally installed.

My house resembles that second remark. :^(

I have satt, so it isn't urgent. But my satt local package doesn't carry
ALL the locals, and doesn't carry the secondary channels they are adding
with digital. Plus, knowing Murphy was an optimist, I always try to have a
backup for everything. Don't really wanna spring for a rotator, which I
would need to get all the signals in this fringe area, so trying to devise
a spot to put the mast where I can just reach out the window, loosen a
thumbscrew, and rotate the mast by hand, for the very occasional times I
need to point the other direction.

--
aem sends...

In this case, add a second antenna pointing in the direction of the other
signal. mix the signals at an inline amp.