Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Small engine repair question

To All that responded:

The first thing I did was replace the spark plug because I also have
heard that they may work outside the engine, but not under
compression.

It has started on occasion with strting fluid, but not always.
Sometimes it will start without the starting fluid. This is the reason
I cleaned the carb twice. I am hoping the new pilot jet fixes it, but
not too hopeful it will. This pilot jet is different from the others I
have seen. I usually run a guitar string thru the pilot jet, but in
this case, the pilot jet is removable from outside the carb and
doesn't have a straight path thru it, just has a series of small holes
on the side of it. Confusing to me.

I am also wondering about the "automatic compression release" or stuck
exhaust valve.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Hank ~~~~getting ready to slit wrists :-)