Peter Ashby

Default Council want to build an extension next door, will it devalue our property?

In article ,
Grunff wrote:

We have good relations with our neighbours and the extension is for
the use of their disabled son (it is a bathroom and bedroom all with
level access). So we have no intention of refusing permission because
they have waited years for this to happen.

Well, that's very touching, and would mean that anyone objecting
is a heartless git, but I'd still object. That is a gigantic
extension which will have a large impact on your property.

Agreed, he should at least be able to object to the pitched roof on
shading grounds. Our house and all the others with similar extensions
have flat roofs.

Maybe you could insist on a flat roof and the installation of light
pipes through the building to alleviate the shading.

All techinically feasible.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.