Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 16:36:07 -0500, Wes wrote:

GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

Too late Wes. They're using Yterrium now because of the Thorium
radioactivity.

Likely I have more mantles than I'll ever use in my life. Every time I go camping, I
couldn't find the spares so I bought more. Finally, I bought one of those blow molded
cases and put a 4 pack in the bottom. Problem solved.

I can find 4 mantles now

That Goodwill store sounds interesting though. A spare lantern would be nice. Wonder how
well they heat an elevated hunting blind?

Wes

They put out a LOT of heat, particulary the 2 mantle lanterns. I made up
a tripod thingy, kinda looked like a lab alky burner stand, and would
run a lantern under neighth it, with the top cover of the lantern off,
and I could heat soup and cook on it .

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""