Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitious@gmail.com is offline

Default Jawdropper review FYI.

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 10:52:06 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I change a lot of taps, very popular job in handyman land. Getting to the
tap connectors & backnuts is a constant problem and with 'designer' & mini
corner sinks it seems to be getting harder.

I've got several so called basin wrenches which claim to fit tap connectors
& back nuts, but don't - they can't because tap connectors & backnuts are
different sizes.

The self adjusting basin wrenches do work, but especially under a corner
sink there is rarely enough room to get much of a turn.

You can also get box spanners which are for tightening tap back nuts
but you can only use them when the supply pipe isn't fitted although
if you are handy I suppose you could cut a slot out of one side to
allow the pipe to fit through.

The one I have fits both bath and basin backnuts .I found it easier to
use than the other adjustable one I have especially when doing the
bath ones when access is difficult and trying to hold the tap straight
with one hand AND tighten the backnut with the other is tricky.

For tap connectors I just use an adjustable or open-ended spanner .