Dave Plowman (News)

Default Where to get Metal Sheet?

In article ,
Chowny A.K.A. Mr 6000 SUX wrote:
I'm looking for a metal sheet (something like PC cases are made out of,
but without the textured finish). I don't really need very much. Also
would a jig-saw with a metal cutting blade be able to cut something like
this?

The textured finish is some form of paint - the metal underneath is smooth.

B&Q sell small sheets of both steel and aluminium - at a price. If you
have a metal fabricator nearby, ask them for offcuts. They can be found on
most industrial estates. Small amounts they'll often just give you, or
sell larger amounts at near the scrap price. A pukka supplier is likely to
only sell large sheets.

Cutting thin sheet with a jigsaw requires it to be well supported either
side of the cut. The more usual way is with tinsnips, which are also more
accurate.

--
*Therapy is expensive, poppin' bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.