Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default New tape measure - odd 'feature'

HI Terry

terry wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:52 am, Adrian wrote:
Hi Daniele

D.M. Procida wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Is the metal protrusion on the left just a poorly-punched-out hole - or
is it there a reason ? (before I take a hammer to it!)
Unless it's got a really clever purpose, I'd imagine it's going to
affect 'inside' measurements....
http://www.inspired-glass.com/html/uk-diy.html
I have a similar one, with a magnetic tip - is yours magnetic too?
Daniele

Yes - so it seems.......

As Dave's pointed out - potentially useful for retrieving dropped
'things' in inaccessible places g

The measure was one of those impulse purchases at the local Co-op -
after ordering 10 big bales of peat compost for the polytunnel....

the measures are a semi-promo item - with the name / phone no of the
Co-op on a label on the side - and, if you're as scatterbrained as I am
with things you can never have too many tape measures g

Thanks
Adrian

Ah. There you are then! Got to be so careful with those impulse
purchases! :-)

Ain't that the truth! (Esp Lidl / Aldi !)

Also isn't it annoying when the seller uses something you have paid
good money for, to advertise.

Guess it's all right to have 'manufacturer's' name on something;
that's taking responsibility for quality (or otherwise) of the
product.

But for the retailer, who charges for it, seems out of line; even if
it is at a loss leader price.

That bit doesn't bother me - it also has their phone no on it in big
print - so it actually could be helpful if I'm half-way through some job
or other and need some more widgets g

They're a great source of 'bits' - proper farmers' supplier. Had to
construct a little 'log trailer' to go behind the garden tractor last
summer - they had some excellent little pneumatic wheels, and a
shed-full of stout round metal bar 'in the yard' and were happy to cut
off just the right amount to make me an axle. They and the other
'Builders' Provider' will also sell you a short length of copper pipe or
2ft6inches of UPVC fascia, if that takes your fancy...

Very helpful g

Adrian - West Cork, Ireland