Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Robert[_16_] Robert[_16_] is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:25:38 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

You, don't waste time replying to me with your nonsense. You're obviously
one of those people that offers nothing useful, but lives to take your silly
hostilities out on other posters. Do you have any idea how many of you there
are out there? Always looking to slam somebody in newsgroups? People like
you are twice as annoying as any TV signal or DVD.

Cheri

Amen

I'll put up with soem of these assholes, but after reading the same
useless ****, from the same asshole, about 4 times in a row, I used my
killfile on the asshole. Seems like I use that thing more and more
lately. This aint frikkin politics we're discussing. I as well as
others do not like this forced change to digital tv and have good
reason since all I will soon watch is PBS. Just because some city kid
gets more channels does not mean it will please all of us or even work
for all of us. I feel the same about these new Blueray things. I was
satisfied with my VCR, and I overlooked an occasional broken tape. I
finally got a DVD player, and will admit they are more reliable and
the picture quality is better. But there is no way in hell that I am
going to buy a Blueray. Jesus Christ, what more picture or sound
quality do I need to watch a damn movie. I get just as many laughs
out of a comedy whether it's on VHS or DVD.

The whole thing comes down to sucking more money out of those people
stupid enough to buy into all this technology that they *think* they
need because some advertiser tells them so. It's the same with
computers. I run a computer from 2000, use Windows 98, and I have no
intention to upgrade the operating system. I dont need all this
useless video crap they put on websites these days, I dont play games
on the computer. What do I need to read newsgroups, get email, and
get some information from the web. I dont even allow videos, and
blocked the flash stuff. Why do I need that stuff to get a simple
weather report, look at the latest news, look up the lyrics to a song,
or research why my dog threw up. The answer is that I DONT. People
who use their computer as a toy to play games, or do other power
hungry stuff, might need XP or Vista. I dont, and I even gave XP a
try and hated it. I hope when 98 becomes totally obsolete I can
either afford a Macintosh, or someone came out with another non-MS
operating system that anyone can use (which is not linux).

Anyhow, the bottom line is that there is always some one trying to
suck another dollar out of our pockets, and most of us dont even need
the stuff. Yet, these companies know how to make things obsolete to
force us to buy their new crap, and what really irks me, is that every
upgrade makes things more and more complicated to use. I dont know
about others, but I';d rather be able to easily make use of some
device, than have something so full of complicated features that I get
no use out of it. A good example of this is photo editing. I use a
version of Paint Shop Pro from 1998 or 99. I can do all sorts of fun
stuff with photos. Someone told me I need the latest Photoshop. They
have it and showed it to me. I took one look and said "how many years
does it take to learn all those buttons?". He said he's worked with
it for years, but everytime he starts to catch on, there is a new
version. Well, that about sums it all up. We can own the latest
gadgets, but never get any use out of them because no one fully ever
learns how to use them.

I use what works for me. Windows 98, PSP5, my 4 year old CRT tv, my
VHS and DVD movies, and my 16 year old pickup truck. I have no
outstanding debts, and except my latest utility bills, and I can sit
back and enjoy life and my computer and movies without working 3 jobs
to pay for all this crap, and always being in debt and wanting more
because some greedy ******* is wanting to get his filthy hands in my
wallet, by telling me I need more and more and more.....
Some day we will all be buried in our waste, and then we will look
back and wonder why.......