Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running a sprinkler line under a sidewalk?

On Jan 2, 3:55*pm, N8N wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:19*am, wrote:

When new sidewalks were put in our area, the contractor extended the
sprinkler system under the sidewalk to cover the swale area. But he
connected that area to just one of the existing zones and there's not
enough oomph to get full pressure all the way to the end. I want to
split the added line and connect part of it to another zone, but to do
that I have to go under the sidewalk. The fill that was used for the
swale area has LOTS of compacted rocks which makes it difficult to
even dig a hole to plant something. *How do I get new piping under the
sidewalk?

You've gotten good replies to the question you asked, but I have to
ask... why would you need to go under the sidewalk to do this?
couldn't you just find where it connects to the existing zone and dig
there, then take a new run back to your manifold and cap the existing
zone where it tees off under the sidewalk?

nate

I have used a garden hose running full force to tunnel under a
walkway, just be sure to go low inough to avoid whatever gravel is
under the sidewalk (hopefully)