Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The year we lose our TV signals

On Jan 2, 7:43*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Pete C." wrote onster.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
onster.com:

Robert wrote:

Drivel snipped

Quit your whining until a few months *after* the transition when
most stations will be transmitting their digital signals on their
final channel assignments and at their final power levels. Many are
currently transmitting digital on temporary channels, at low power
from temporary transmitters, from temporary antennas and in some
cases from alternate tower sites.

one local station has said they're going to LOWER transmitted power.

I may lose that station.I've already lost NBC.(but don't miss it...)

Lowering transmitter output power doesn't necessarily mean lower ERP
if they are switching to a better antenna at a better tower position.

The station is already airing warnings that VIEWERS may need "better
antennas" or to relocate their existing antenna.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Does that sound like progress to you? ;)

TMT