Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
AL AL is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

dadiOH wrote:
AL wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

Progress? [...]The feds get billions...and the manufacturers get to
sell new, "improved" TV sets. Wide screen ones at that (another
useless "innovation").

yeah, those original round screens are the way to go - who needs
"innovation"?

The 35mm format with a ratio of 3:4 worked just fine for 100 years plus.
Yes, movies moved on but TV retained it. Why change?

You know, I've heard of that 35mm thing but I shoot 645 and 6x6. But
then I've also talked to some who are really big on 4x5 - I even know
one guy who swears by 8x10 - go figger. Have you noticed how muffled
things sound from where you have your head stuck?