Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

wrote in message
as to the DVD player, I recently saw a blue ray one for 99 bucks.

now DVDs are cheaper to make than videotapes, for new movies etc

so buying a cheap DVD player or DVD VCR combo might be a good move.

or take a DVD and copy to videotape. it breaks copyright rules but
videotapes arent nearly as good picture quality as a DVD

I do have two DVD VCR combos, but the regular old VCR was just fine, until
they stopped releasing new movies in the VHS format. The DVD's don't wear
well at all, and I can't tell you how many times I've had to return them to
the video store because they're skipping, scratched etc. Once in a great
while you would get a VHS that didn't sound good or something, but not
often, with DVD's it's a crap shoot. I also hate that you can't FF through a
lot of that crap on a DVD, and on some, you can't even FF through the
previews.

Cheri