Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Lee Valley Shows its True Colo(u)rs

"JohnD" wrote in message
In a heated debate a few years ago, Rob Lee defended the company's
charging of much higher prices to Canadians due to unforseen shifts in
CDN-US exchange rates.

He said:

"We can either float prices daily and make the exchange rate work
exactly -
or fix prices and tolerate exchange differences, until we can correct
them -
which for us, is annually."

"Thanks for the clear and correct explanation - yes - we set our rates
in
June, and hold for a year"

I guess they hold the prices for a year if the exchange rate movements
are favourable to Lee Valley. They have announced increases for
Canadian customers starting Jan 5 to offset the weaker Canadian
dollar. Too bad they didn't lower prices when the Canadian dollar went
up. Heads they win, tails you lose.

John

You always have the option to not do business with Lee Valley, but then it
would be heads they win and tails you loose also.