Posted to uk.d-i-y
terry terry is offline

Default New tape measure - odd 'feature'

On Jan 2, 10:52*am, Adrian wrote:
Hi Daniele

D.M. Procida wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Is the metal protrusion on the left just a poorly-punched-out hole - or
is it there a reason ? (before I take a hammer to it!)

Unless it's got a really clever purpose, I'd imagine it's going to
affect 'inside' measurements....

http://www.inspired-glass.com/html/uk-diy.html

I have a similar one, with a magnetic tip - is yours magnetic too?

Daniele

Yes - so it seems.......

As Dave's pointed out - potentially useful for retrieving dropped
'things' in inaccessible places g

The measure was one of those impulse purchases at the local Co-op -
after ordering 10 big bales of peat compost for the polytunnel....

the measures are a semi-promo item - with the name / phone no of the
Co-op on a label on the side - and, if you're as scatterbrained as I am
with things you can never have too many tape measures g

Thanks
Adrian

Ah. There you are then! Got to be so careful with those impulse
purchases! :-)

Also isn't it annoying when the seller uses something you have paid
good money for, to advertise.

Guess it's all right to have 'manufacturer's' name on something;
that's taking responsibility for quality (or otherwise) of the
product.

But for the retailer, who charges for it, seems out of line; even if
it is at a loss leader price.