Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

aemeijers wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
wrote in message

cable isnt everywhere and there are definetely places that cant get
satellite service, because of trees or other obstructions.

Trees can be trimmed. it takes a very narrow path to get the dish to work.
If it's something other than a tree, then mount the dish on it.

I think my neighbor, who owns the tree, might have a problem with that.....

Then your solution is a mast/tower to mount your dish higher to clear
the tree.

Honestly, I've not seen any single family residential situation where a
dish could not be sited with some creativity.

Yeah, I know, I know. Dish was already up there when I bought the place,
and I was doing ten things at once moving in, and didn't have the
presence of mind to think about it at the time, to lean on the installer
to put it elsewhere. I also didn't have an extension ladder yet, to take
it down and make the guy run fresh cable, which I also should have done.
If I was starting from scratch, I'd put it at other end of roof, or even
visible from road on the front of the house down low. Much clearer shot
there. It only goes flakey in high wind or heavy rain, mainly when
leaves are on the trees. Higher really isn't an option- these are mature
trees we are talking about, and it would take a REAL tower to get above
them. Still trying to figure where to put a replacement OTA backup
antenna, that won't be locked in a death match with my apple tree that
was planted way too close to the addition, or the addition was placed
way too close to. (not sure which came first...)

--
aem sends...

A "real" tower isn't a bad thing you know, you can put a wind generator
on it was well as other goodies.