Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default The year we lose our TV signals

On Jan 2, 5:35�pm, "Pete C." wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:
wrote in message

cable isnt everywhere and there are definetely places that cant get
satellite service, because of trees or other obstructions.

Trees can be trimmed. �it takes a very narrow path to get the dish to work.
If it's something other than a tree, then mount the dish on it.

I think my neighbor, who owns the tree, might have a problem with that......

Then your solution is a mast/tower to mount your dish higher to clear
the tree.

Honestly, I've not seen any single family residential situation where a
dish could not be sited with some creativity.- Hide quoted text -

obviously you live in a flat area. my street is a big U shape, half of
which has no satellite view, being obstructed by a large hill

besides a dish on a high tower needs a very sturdy tower. the dish
acts like a airfoil, err wing