Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default The year we lose our TV signals

"dpb" wrote in message
On Jan 2, 7:59 am, ransley wrote:
So you didnt check ratings on boxes before you went to your local
store and got one, kinda dumb, you reviewed your computer, tv, car and
wife. It just so happens NO boxes sold at local stores have good
ratings, ratings are done by many like Cnet, Consumer Reports and are
easy to joogle. Yes reception varies greatly, Quality of picture, ease
of use, so go read ratings, buy another box, and enjoy.

I've seen no ratings that actually had anything to do with fringe
reception issues such as sensitivity, S/N ratios, etc., etc.,
etc., ... All the ratings dealt with that I've seen were "ease of
use" issues and some minor quality variations given an input signal.
I looked and the ratings were worthless the standpoint of trying to
determine which (if any) might be more satisfactory for those in areas
where reception might be an issue.

So far, there's nobody here broadcasting digital in sufficient
strength to get any reception whatsoever.

I've also been unable to ascertain from the broadcasters what their
plans are for the translators we're currently using as for signal
strength, conversion date(s), etc., ...

Have you tried contacting the broadcaster about your problems? They may be
interested, or may have specific suggestions.