Posted to sci.electronics.repair
IanM[_4_] IanM[_4_] is offline

Default Need to fix hole in ribbon cable

GMAN wrote:
In article , "hr(bob) " wrote:

But if the hole cut thru any of the conductors, like it appears to do,
the OP will have to reestablish continuity by soldering a wire to each
end of the broken path to reestablish the continuity.

Your a better solderer than I if you can solder to plastic!!!!!

Been there, done that. Sinclair keyboard cable repairs. It can be done
but the success rate per joint is sufficiently low that repairing
anything complex is totally impractical, You need *extremely* flexible
wire to stand a chance of it working and even so the repair is
incredibly fragile. Also its 'kill or cure' as the slightest mistake and
you've melted through the plastic. I'd rather clean a swimming pool
with a toothbrush, it would be less frustrating . . .
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL: