Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chevalier mill... missed

Wes fired this volley in
:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

No, actually; given that it needed significant repairs, I bid 1000%

of
its scrap metal value. That cuts out all of the metals dealers, and
only left me competing with serious bidders who wanted it as a mill.

I know the feeling. I've been in auctions when out of the whole
crowd, only two people want an item. Usually the other guy wants it
more.

Are you looking at the old bridgeport mills with BOSS controls?

Wes

In fact! I won a bid today on Ebay for a 22-year-old Bridgeport CNC
with the Boss-9 system. It's in service *(no repairs necessary)*,
guaranteed not to have any problems that will prevent work to 10ths,
and comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee. AND, it's only 100 miles
from my house. I pick it up Monday.

For $2600, it will cost me less than the Chevalier would have after
repairs.

LLoyd