Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default wet under floor heating/boiler

Yekal wrote:
On Jan 2, 9:21 pm, YAPH wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 10:55:10 -0800, yekal_tytwr wrote:
Hi All,

We are building a house with wet underfloor heating which goes back
to 2 control units, which have all the wiring completed, only
leaving 2 wires from each unit going back to the boiler (volt
free). the boiler has now been installed (Worcester Greenstar 12/18)

Is that an oil boiler? I don't recognise the model name as a gas one.

Yes this is an oil condensing boiler

... which I
could not find any volt free connections, I spoke with Worcester
bosch technical today and all they could tell me was that the
boiler doesn`t have the appropriate connections, but could not tell
me how I could resolve this problem.
Anyone shed any light???.

Not sure what your UFH control units require. You say they want
volt-free connections but not whether the connection is a signal
from the boiler to the UFH controller or the other way. If the
former maybe the UFH controller has its own mains power for its pump
and just needs a contact closure to tell it to run the pump. In that
case I'd be thinking along
the lines of fitting a pipe thermostat to the boiler's flow pipe to
tell the UFH when there's heat coming from the boiler.

Alternatively if the volt-free connection is a signal /from/ the UFH
controller /to/ the boiler from a set of contacts in the controller,
then I'd think along the lines of connecting across the boiler's LS
and LR terminals.

I think you really need to scan and post the UFH instructions
somewhere for us all to see (or point us to the mfr's docs online).

thanks for your reply , I can`t work out if it is possible to post the
wiring diagrams on here, would you mind if I email them to you?.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

A: Because it messes up the order in which people read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

Scan - or photograph the picture[s] using a digital camera and upload them
to www.tinypic.com, give a 'Tag' (or name) and then post the IMG Code for
Forums & Message Boards link to the group. Example below (it works if you
want to view the image):

Note: leave out the [IMG]
either side and post link thus:

http://i44.tinypic.com/25gavxt.jpg - note the coloured and underlined text