Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Laminate flooring newbie - advice sought

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
has brought this to us :
Thanks. I'll get busy researching in a mo'

What size are the individual panels typically?
Is it easier to fit fewer longer (bigger) ones than many short ones?

They are about 4 or 5 feet long and about 9" wide. You lay an entire
series of lengths end to end - all clicked together with the cut to
size piece at one end. Then add a second row all fixed together as one
strip and so on, you cannot just fit one section at a time - it has to
be an entire row in one go.

I don't remember fitting it like that. IIRC you just put one board in,
the one next to it and so on along the row.

Having done both glued and click together I'd certainly go for the click
together version (isn't most of the decent stuff like that anyway).

not that I'd install it again, I find it very cold (and if you ahev kids
and spend much time sitting on it you end up covering it rugs to make it
more comfortable), it chips pretty easy if stuff dropped on it, and it
just looks rather bland. I'd go for an engineered wood floor at least.

--
Chris French