Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Default The year we lose our TV signals

On Jan 2, 10:42�am, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
wrote in message

cable isnt everywhere and there are definetely places that cant get
satellite service, because of trees or other obstructions.

Trees can be trimmed. �it takes a very narrow path to get the dish to work.
If it's something other than a tree, then mount the dish on it.

you may live in a flat desert like area.

things vary upon location.

here in hilly pittsburgh the hills make regular TV difficult, hills
cause reflections on analog tv thats ghosts, on digital tvs that can
be a blank screen/

I have satellite but nearly didnt because of neighbors trees. they
were very large till a storm came thru some years ago. heck a
neighbors larger home may block the clear view for satellite.
Incidently I was a installer for awhile. the newer multi slot dshes
just make things worse, and trees can blow in the wind

doi tell if I were your neighbor would you mind me trimming your trees
or offer to mount my dish on your home?

people who have satellite or cable arent very sympathetic.

One time I HAD to run a saTELLITE LINE A 150 feet to clear a grove of
trees for a elderly couiple, cable was willing to service them if they
paid 2 grand to extend the cable line